Monday, September 27, 2010

Wheat in the Barn?

So, now that I am making a point to this whole blogging thing. I thought the most appropriate thing to do was to write a post about the title of the blog. Wheat in the Barn comes from the passage in Matthew 13 about the Parable of the Weeds. Specifically, it refers to the verse in Matthew 13:30, which says "Let both [wheat and weeds] grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvestors: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn".

I love the word picture that Jesus paints for us with this story. It is so hard for me to "get" things just by saying it or reading it. I really am a visual and hands on learner. When I first read this passage, it really resonated with me about what life here on earth is like. You know, the reality of living in a fallen world. I often loose sight about my purpose here and I get caught up in controlling things in my life. I easily fall into the ways of the world rather than the ways of the Lord. I am easily frustrated by people and their words and/or behaviors. But this passage is a reminder to me. I feel like this passage is Christ whispering to me, "Yes, Katie, I know it's frustrating but I'm not going to get rid of the weeds in your life right now. The harvest isn't ready yet. One day life will be perfect and you will be with me in heaven. But right now, continue to strive to live truth, love well and give grace. One day you will be wheat in the barn. "

Thank you Jesus...I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment